Homebirth Anniversary!

As I celebrate the birth of my youngest son I am also remembering the anniversary of my first completely normal birth.  My boy's entrance was rapid and peaceful, terrifying and joyful, and completely unforgettable  as most births are.

It was through his birth that I realized just how much birth means to me.  You see, I'm not fond of being pregnant.  I feel bulbous and slow, just plain uncomfortable when I'm not in pain or ill. Birth though, is a rite of passage, each and every time.  

Each birth, I become a new woman, a new mother and I am charged with the care of a new life.  It is a beautiful and amazing act, one that is so very often overlooked.  We don't look at the people who cared and nurtured these new lives, giving their whole body and soul, we fixate on the new little person.

In embarking on this journey of motherhood, I have endured physical, emotional, mental and spiritual changes. I am not the being that once was, I am rebirthed with each child. It is a truly remarkable journey that I should hope every woman gets to embrace fully and with love and complete joy!

So, tell me; In what ways has your birthing journey changed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment